Into Games and Ukie will be hosting the Career Stage at EGX 2021 to help give advice to anyone hoping to get a career in the games industry.
From Thursday to Sunday, we'll be hosting talks and Q&As with industry professionals from all around the UK games industry.
Thursday, 7th October
- 12:00 PM - Q&A - Mark Backler / Founder / Sketchbook Games
- 12:30 PM - Talk / Seyed Nasrollahi / What does it take to start your own gaming company?
- 1:00 PM - Q&A - Dave Scotford / Founder / Team Norse Thunder CIC
- 1:30 PM - Talk - Michael Killick / Rizing Games UK - Careers, Games Design, Games Development in Education (College Level)
- 2:00 PM - Q&A - LaurenMoses & Karla Reyes/ Community Manager / Code Coven / Product Manager / Niantic
- 2:30 PM - Q&A - Kyra Chan / Chief of Staff / Netspeak Games
Friday, 8th October
- 12:00 PM - Talk - Dan Dudley / Marketing, Community, PR, Events / Grads in Games/Game Dev Heroes - TBC
- 12:30 PM - Q&A - Toby Sperring / UI Artist/Animator / Mediatonic
- 1:00 PM - Talk - Chris Sayers / VFX Artist / Mediatonic - TBC
- 1:30 PM - Q&A - Joy Dey / Senior Designer / Creative Assembly
- 2:00 PM - Talk - Nigel Twumasi / Co-Founder / Mayamada / GamePad - Creating Your Own Career In Video Games
- 2:30 PM - Q&A - Jake Kulkowski / Head of Influencer Relations / Dead Good PR
Saturday, 9th October
- 12:00 PM - Talk - Jonathon Wilson / Game/Level Designer / Freelance - TBC
- 12:30 PM - Q&A - Edd Coates / Principal UI Artist / Double 11
- 1:00 PM - Talk - Sergio Ronchetti-Carrete / Sound Designer - Fallen flag studio - Stop aspiring, start being: how to build self confidence as a freelancer
- 1:30 PM - Q&A - Joseph Hobbs / Senior 3D Artist / Frontier Developments
- 2:00 PM - Talk - Thom Kaczmarek / LCC Lecturer - Art, design, development - what game course is right for you?
- 2:30 PM - Q&A - Christina Harper / Associate External Producer / Tt Games
Sunday, 10th October
- 12:00 PM - Talk - Dean Abdou / Presenter & Journalist / GAMINGbible / The Importance of Diversity and Representation in the Games Industry
- 12:30 PM - Q&A - Joel Herber / Lead Programmer / Land & Sea Games
- 1:00 PM - Talk - Joanna Haslam / Design Director / Snap Finger Click - I’M A GAME DESIGNER... How the hell did that happen?!
- 1:30 PM - Q&A - Flo Burchill / Production Assistant & Host / Snap Finger Click
- 2:00 PM - Talk - David Barrie & Irina Agafonova - Founders / Game Academy - How Videogames Are Upskilling Us For The Future Of Work
- 2:30 PM - Q&A - Martijn van der Meulen / Co-Founder & Development Director / Snap Finger Click